Pet Friendly Maine Accommodations in Sugar Bear Cottage
This large one-room cottage is separate from the main Inn and has all the special touches: a Queen size log bed, TV, DVD & VCR Player, antique claw tub, fireplace, Wireless Internet Access, kitchenette and total privacy, including breathtaking views of the lake. This is the Innkeepers favorite and a gem among Waterfront Bed & Breakfast lodging options.
Sugar bear Cottage is Pet Friendly!
Sugar Bear Cottage Rates
$20 per Night for Pets
We welcome dogs to the Sugar Bear Cottage, and have lots of property. Bear Mountain Inn offers 25 acres of fields and forest to roam and a lake for swimming!!! We can assure you that your stay at the Bear Mountain Inn will be thoroughly enjoyable and memorable.
Please take a minute to review our pet policy:
- Your pet must never be left unsupervised while you stay here.
- Please clean up after your dog immediately. Please take your pet with you whenever leaving the Inn’s property. When you are enjoying your breakfast, you are welcome to have your dog in the cottage, as pets are not permitted in the dining room or other common areas of the Inn. Or bring your crate because you know your pet will feel safe in his/her crate.
- Please insist that your human companion takes you with them whenever they leave the inn’s property. If they are going out for dinner or out for the day you must insist on accompanying them rather than being left here along. Please do not ask for an exception. As you will appreciate, many of us that are perfectly behaved in our own homes, may find being left alone in an unfamiliar place frightening, and we will bark, whine, scratch the woodwork and make a terrible fuss—which will not be appreciated by my other guests. If your parents have plans that exclude you, I can try to arrange for a human to “sit” you with advance notice. Of course, while your parents are enjoying their breakfast you are welcome to stay in your room, as pets are not permitted in the dining room or other common spaces of the inn. Or bring your crate because you know you will feel safe in a crate!!!
- There is a $20 per day pet fee that helps defray the extra cost of housekeeping. If your dog plans on getting up on the bed, please bring your own blanket or quilt so you don’t damage the Inns comforters. Additionally you are fully responsible for any damage your pet may cause.
- Your dog must be on a leash at all times.
- Please clean up after your pet. We will show you where you can throw out the bag.